Stubborn wrinkles on your garments can be frustrating. Nobody likes clothes full of wrinkles. So, you may be searching for tips and tricks over the internet to get polished dresses. Some hacks might work, while other won’t.
To keep tension-free, I’m going to discuss seven methods that works great again permanent wrinkles. Are you interested in those methods? Then, stay with me.
Ways to remove permanent wrinkles
1.Wash items carefully
Sometimes washing garments can be highly effective. Before washing, check garment care label to identify the correct wash cycle for them. While washing-
- First, turn your clothes inside out and toss them into your washer.
- Add powerful laundry detergent and fabric softener to the dispenser.
- Set the perfect wash and rinse cycle.
- After washing, remove garments as soon as possible.
- Now, air dry them and when they are slightly wet, throw them on ironing board.
- Take your clothes iron and adjust temperature knob according to your fabric type. For exact information, read the instruction manual of your iron.
- Now start ironing clothes and remove tough creases.
2.Iron items at correct temperature
Your clothes iron can fight against stubborn wrinkles. To remove tough creases-
- First of all, lay your clothes flat on an ironing board.
- Damp creased areas with water. Use a spray bottle if you want.
- Wait for few minutes to let the garments be soft.
- Grab your powerful steam iron and pressure the damp areas with it.
- You may have to iron more than once, provided that wrinkles are too tough to process.
In most cases, washing and ironing can remove most wrinkles from your items. However, if you still notice wrinkles, you might have to use spray starch.
3.Apply starch on clothes
Spray starch is one of the most common cleaning items in your house. You can apply it on your clothes while ironing. It can be bought from both offline and online store.
To use it-
- Wash your clothes clean.
- Shake your bottle and hold it almost six to ten inches away from garments.
- Apply starch on the heavily creased areas.
- After finishing spraying, iron clothes properly.
Hope that all stubborn wrinkles may be gone. If not, repeat the process again. However, you should read the clothes tag carefully. Remember, spray starch is never allowed on dry clean only clothes.
4.Steam items for longer periods
If ironing can’t remove stubborn wrinkles, utilize steaming on your dresses. Irons or garment steamers throw powerful steam to process garments. In this case-
- Take a garment steamer. If you don’t have a steamer, use a powerful steam iron.
- Hang your garments with wooden or metal hangers.
- Keep steamer a few inches away from clothes and apply steaming on wrinkled areas. Continue steaming until the final results satisfy you.
- Now, wait for 10-15 minutes for these items to cool down.
Steaming works better on tough wrinkles compared to irons. However, check garment tag before steaming them. If you see ‘dry clean only’ on tag, never apply steam.
Moreover, never steam on the following items-
- Leather items
- Plastic based synthetics
- Waxed jacket
However, it works great with delicate items like-
I personally prefer to use handheld steamer for removing tough creases. You can try Hilife Steamer for following reasons –
- It works better on permanent wrinkles.
- Performs faster on garments compared to irons.
- Easy to use and carry.
- Its compact size makes it perfect for people living in small shared spaces.
- It’s lightweight.
- Has longer cord of 9 feet.
- Can contain 240cc of water.
I’ve been using this steamer for a longer period. You can buy it from Amazon if you want. To check the latest price, click here.
5.Apply commercial wrinkle release spray
As the name suggests, wrinkle releaser works better on tough wrinkles. There are many powerful sprays in the market. You can buy one and use it for your garments.
- First, lay clothes on an ironing board or a flat surface.
- Keep wrinkle releaser almost 8 inch away from items.
- Now, start spraying to damp wrinkled areas fully.
- Use your hands to tug and polish those areas.
- Air dry clothes using a clothesline.
In most cases, this spray performs just awesome without ironing. However, if you want better results, iron them.
6.Prepare a homemade wrinkle releaser
Although commercial wrinkle releasers can remove permanent wrinkles from clothes, it may have harmful effects. Some sprays might contain alcohol, which can irritate your skin. Another common ingredient of wrinkle releaser is Dimethicone. It may trigger allergic reaction in some cases.
Therefore, you should use homemade wrinkle releaser using white vinegar, distilled water, and essential oil. To prepare a better spray-
- First, mix these three elements in a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle properly to get a better solution.
- Now, lay your clothes on an ironing board or hang those using hangers.
- Start spraying clothes by holding the spray bottle a few inches away from items.
- Now, iron the wrinkled areas.
- Line dry clothes rather than using clothes dryer.
Most clothes go better with homemade wrinkle spray. However, you should test this spray on a small section of clothes in the beginning. If you don’t observe any fading, apply it on your garment. Otherwise, stick with other methods mentioned in this article.
7.Apply vinegar on garments
Vinegar is one of the safest options in polishing wrinkles. Because-
- It removes stubborn wrinkles from garments easily.
- Never stain clothes.
- Bring freshness and crispness by removing weird smell.
- Naturally whiten fabrics.
So, you can apply vinegar on your clothes without doubts.
- First of all, prepare a mixture of one part vinegar and three parts water.
- Transfer this mixture to a spray bottle.
- Shake this bottle a little and apply it on wrinkled zones.
- Carefully start ironing your clothes. You have to be gentle thorough out the whole process. Otherwise, iron may develop new wrinkles or leave scorch marks.
- Now, normally line dry ironed items. You don’t need to use clothes dryer.
Frequently asked questions
Does hot water cause wrinkles in clothes?
Hot water never goes well with delicate fabrics. I always recommend to use cold water to wash delicate fabrics like silk, lace, and wool. Washing delicate ones with hot water can cause clothes to-
- Permanently wrinkle
Even, if you wash synthetic fabrics with hot water, then –
- Garments may be ruined.
- You may observe fading on clothes.
- Lifespan of fabrics may be reduced.
Wrinkles on your beautiful dresses is always painful. So, you should learn how to deal with them. Remember, all of these seven methods work great. However, you need to practice a little to get better result from them.
That’s all for today.
Goodbye for now!