Vinegar is one of the most popular cleaning agents all over the world. You may use it to soften and brighten fabrics. However, you may not know everything about it.
Are you aware of its wrinkles removing capability? If the answer is no, it’s okay. I didn’t even know about it a couple of months ago.
How does vinegar remove wrinkles from clothes? Vinegar is a powerful cleaning agent that can remove creases easily. It hardly fades clothes. To remove wrinkles from fabrics, prepare a mixture of distilled white vinegar and water. Take this solution to a spray bottle and apply it to clothes. After air drying, you may see no wrinkles. Amazing!
Want to know more about it? Let’s come with me!
How to use vinegar to remove wrinkles
- Vinegar (one teaspoon)
- Water (three teaspoons)
- Spray bottle
- First, take 1 part vinegar and 3 part water. Pour them into a spray bottle.
- Shake that bottle to mix vinegar and water properly.
- Now spray the wrinkled cloth with the mixture. Damp creased areas fully.
- Let the garments dry. Air dry them instead of using dryer.
After drying, you may see that the wrinkles are vanished. Wow!
However, you may feel the odd smell of vinegar. Just add essential oil to fabrics to remove the bad odor. But don’t add it too much.
Which vinegar is best for removing wrinkles from clothes?
Vinegar can effectively remove wrinkles from garments. However, distilled white vinegar works the best. It has so many pros. Take a look-
- It is safe to use.
- Removes wrinkles easily.
- Doesn’t stain clothes.
- Brighten fabrics.
- Kill bad smells of garments.
- Never harms the environment.
- Less acidic.
- Safer for washer.
You can also choose cider vinegar. It is made from apple juice, and its acidity levels range from 5-6%. So, you should be careful in using this. Never use it in large amounts to protect fabrics.
Whereas, distilled white vinegar is made from distilled alcohol. It is less acidic compared to cider vinegar. It is cheap and doesn’t contain harmful tannin. By the way, tannin can discolor fabrics.
Therefore, stick with distilled white vinegar for better results. It can serve your purposes efficiently.
Is vinegar safe for clothes?
First thing first, vinegar is a safer choice for your dresses. It’s a crucial component in the laundry. Just check the following reasons-
- With vinegar, you can remove stubborn spots from clothes. So, you don’t need to use any harsh detergent.
- Generally, vinegar doesn’t stain clothes.
- It is Eco-friendly.
- Brightens fabrics without damaging them. Just add it to your washer.
- Remove dirt, food particles, or soap buildup easily.
- It softens fabrics. So, you don’t need to use fabric softener.
- Protects garments from pilling.
- Keeps the washing machine safe.
- Protects clothes from fading.
So, it may be clear to you that vinegar is safe for your garments. Use it without any hesitation. However, you should always dilute vinegar with water in the beginning. Directly using vinegar on clothes may damage their color.
Most importantly, never use-
- Balsamic vinegar
- Red wine vinegar
- Brown vinegar
These types may discolor fabrics. Therefore, use either distilled white vinegar or cider vinegar for better dresses.
What happens if you mix vinegar and laundry detergent?
Mixing vinegar with laundry detergent won’t cause any harm. However, using them together will reduce the effectiveness of detergent. As a result, you may observe poorer cleaning performance after washing.
Basically, detergent works better at a certain pH level. This pH level may be altered when you use vinegar.
So, you should add vinegar during the final rinse cycle. Doing this will remove bad odor and present you with soft and bright dresses.
Do you have to rinse after cleaning with vinegar?
No, you don’t need to do so. Vinegar is never harmful to your garments. On the contrary, it removes bad underarm odors, stains, and dirt perfectly. Moreover, it keeps your washing machine clean. Isn’t it amazing? That’s why I love vinegar so much!
However, you should use it in limited amounts. Remember, acetic acid is an important component of all types of vinegar.
Frequently asked questions
Can you wash clothes with vinegar and baking soda?
The answer is no. you shouldn’t use vinegar and baking soda together to wash clothes.
If you use them together, they may neutralize the effectiveness of each other. So, use them in separate compartments of washer. Never mix them. If so, you may not be satisfied with the final result.
How do you iron clothes with vinegar?
- First, prepare a mixture of one part water, and one part distilled white vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spray on your fabric.
- Start ironing clothes. Cover the creased area carefully.
This solution performs great in removing hard wrinkles from clothes. Moreover, you can remove shiny marks from clothes by spraying half vinegar and half water on collars, cuffs, and underarm areas. Such spraying will prevent yellow spots.
How do you clean iron with vinegar?
Interestingly, you can use vinegar to clean your iron too.
- First, take a clean towel.
- Now, soak it into vinegar and place it on the ironing board.
- Take your iron and rub the soleplate gently over the towel. Cover the whole surface.
- Wait for around 30 minutes and clean soleplate with another clean towel.
Hopefully, your iron can perform better now. Remember, vinegar works better with corrosion iron.
You can use vinegar on your clothes without any hesitation. I have described how vinegar can remove wrinkles from clothes in this article.
I regularly use this hack to remove wrinkles from my garments. Vinegar is an amazing laundry and pantry element.
Do you want to know something? Let me know in the comment below.
Enjoy your day!
Most importantly, stay wrinkle-free!