Tefal has been producing steam iron for both professionals and newbies. Their irons work tremendous and can fulfill customers’ demand quickly. But, it may spit brown water sometimes.
Are you fed up with spiting problem of your Tefal iron? Then, this article is for you. So, read this article and solve this disgusting problem.
For better understanding, I’ll focus on the reasons for this problem first and provide solutions at the end.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s begin!
Table of Contents
Reasons for Tefal leaking brown water
Your Tefal is designed to work with tap water. However, if you live in a hard water area, you must adopt a different approach. In such situations, mix tap water with distilled or demineralized water in equal proportions.
If you constantly choose hard water for your iron, it may build up calcium deposits overages. Resultantly, Tefal may spit brown water and discolor your expensive linen or denim pant.
In addition, other minor reasons are-
- Not cleaning soleplate regularly.
- Using pure distilled or demineralized water for iron.
- Use harmful descaling agent inside water tank.
So, how to solve this problem? To know that, read the next section.
How to solve spiting in Tefal iron
Use self-clean function
Tefal iron is a user-friendly iron that comes with a built-in self-clean function. Utilize this feature once a month for better performances.
To do this,
- Firstly, make sure that your iron is in dry position.
- Fill the water reservoir and connect it to a nearby power source.
- Select the maximum heat settings using the thermostat knob.
- Unplug it after the thermostat light goes off.
- Hold your iron in the horizontal position over a nearby sink.
- Remove the steam valve gently.
- Shake iron a bit to let water flow through steam vents located on soleplate.
- Place the steam valve back in its previous position.
- Plug for around two minutes to dry the soleplate.
- Unplug the iron again and wait for 45 minutes to let iron cool down.
- Lastly, use a soft sponge to wipe clean the soleplate.
For more detailed guide, read the instruction manual.
Choose the correct type of water
Some users prefer to use pure distilled or demineralized water for Tefal. However, distilled water is slightly acidic and can damage the central part of your iron.
Therefore, always use mixtures of tap and distilled water in equal proportions.
Clean soleplate properly
Sometimes, you might spray your formal shirt with starch. Starch can keep your clothes crisp and give a fresh look. However, you should clean soleplate properly after applying starch. Otherwise, Tefal may spit brown streak through steam holes.
Not choosing any descaling agent
You shouldn’t pour harsh chemicals to clean the water tank. These elements may develop rust, and iron may spit brown streaks.
Just use the correct water type and utilize the self-clean feature as per the instruction manual.
Last few words
Tefal always tries to produce high-quality irons. Their irons last longer if you adopt proper care of them.
So, read the instruction manual before using and iron clothes correctly. Your right actions may save your iron from spitting brown water and other problems.