Carpet beetle is a tiny and hairy insect found in most homes. They prefer to live on carpets and clothes made from natural fibers like-
Unlike other insects, they don’t bite humans. But, they can cause severe damage to your fancy and expensive silk blouses. Therefore, controlling them is crucial. But does steaming kill carpet beetles?
Does steaming kill carpet beetles? Steaming can perfectly remove carpet beetles from clothes and carpets. However, you have to keep steamers at temperatures higher than 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
Table of Contents
Does steaming kill carpet beetles?
The effective tool to kill carpet beetles is high heat. Most pest experts suggest applying at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit to kill beetles.
Steam cleaner is a valuable appliance in most homes. It can polish garments quickly without harming the fibers. Most importantly, it can sanitize items by killing tiny insects like fleas, fungus, dust mites, bed bugs, lice, and moths from things like clothes, carpets, bedsheets, and mattresses.
Steamers throw hot steam that penetrates deep into fabrics. When steam touches beetles, they can’t survive any longer.
However, ordinary steamers can’t fight perfectly against this tiny beetle. So, keep trust in powerful steamers to get quicker and accurate results.
Steam cleaners to kill carpet beetles
There are many steam cleaners in the market. However, many of those can’t work against carpet beetles. To assist you, I recommend one steam cleaner, which is Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner. It is one of the best sellers at Amazon.
This powerful steamer can throw hot steam having temperatures higher than 275°F or 135°C. It can satisfy you with so many excellent pros. Take a look-
- It can effectively remove dirt from carpets, rugs, and bedsheets.
- Kills carpet beetles, dust mites, and other tiny harmful insects quickly.
- Its cleaning power is just mesmerizing.
- Its heating time is only 7 minutes.
- You can continuously steam items for around 50 minutes with a single fill.
- This steam cleaner is easy to operate.
- You’re free to use tap water without any hesitation.
- It is manufactured with durable elements.
- Probably the best steamer for indoor and outdoor activities.
Are you curious about its features? According to the manufacturer, its specifications are-
- Dimension of product: 10.5 × 10.5 × 9.5 inches
- Power: 1500W
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Water reservoir: 54 oz.
- Steam temperature: 275°F
- Heat up time: 7 minutes
- Power cord: 5 m
- Steam hose length: 2 m
- Warranty period: 2 years
- Tap water-friendly: Yes
To check its price at Amazon, click here.
Do carpet beetles bite?
Carpet beetles don’t live on humans like other insects. That’s why they don’t bite humans. Actually, they are scavengers in nature. So, their primary food items are-
- Dead insects
However, some people may have an allergic reaction because of beetles. The most common symptoms are-
- Itchy skin
- Watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Gastrointestinal issues
Frequently asked questions
Does boric acid kill carpet beetles?
Boric acid works fantastic against carpet beetles.
- First of all, throw a tiny amount of boric on carpets.
- Take a brush to distribute it evenly.
- Leave it for a couple of hours and then vacuum clean it.
Or, you can make a spray with boric acid. To do it,
- Make a solution of hot water and boric acid having proportions of 2:1.
- Mix this solution with a spoon until elements dissolve entirely.
- Transfer this solution to a spray bottle.
- Now, spray your beetles infested items with it.
However, boric acid is a highly toxic element. It may threaten your life if you swallow it by any chance. Moreover, it is caustic too. It can seriously injure tissues of your body parts.
Therefore, you need to use it with extra precautions. It would be better if you didn’t use boric acid to control carpet beetles. Instead, steam clean your beetles infested items.
Last few words
There are many ways to control beetles in your house. You can wash or dry items at high temperatures. Like high temperatures, sometimes freezing can kill beetles too.
Hence, you don’t have to seek service from professional pest controllers. Instead, use a powerful steam cleaner and keep your house free from this little insect.