Rowenta is one of the most trusted brands in the ironing industry. Most of you may feel piece in using Rowenta irons because of the powerful gliding and other excellent features.
For understanding purposes, we’ll describe the features first and then concentrate on the differences.
Table of Contents
Rowenta DG8624U1 Perfect Pro
According to manufacturer, this 8642 is equipped with 1800 watts of power. As a result, you can easily polish a pile of clothes in the shortest possible time. Moreover, it’s also energy-efficient as it consumes 35% less energy than other irons.
Like other Rowenta, its base, the soleplate is made of durable stainless steel with 400 tiny holes. Therefore, you don’t have to buy an extra garment steamer. Instead, use it as a garment steamer whenever you want. Its powerful steam burst (430 g/min) can polish any wrinkle with 7.4 pressure bars.
Steam generator irons are always renowned for their extra-large water reservoir and longer working hours. This potent iron isn’t an exception in this case. You can enjoy 90 minutes of continuous ironing, thanks to its 37 oz—water tank.
Some of you may have confusion regarding the quality of China-made irons. Don’t worry, keep your trust in it as it’s manufactured in France.
Hard water may be a significant problem in your area. You may have to use ironing water or distilled water to save your iron and garments from harmful calcium deposits. DG8624U1 has a powerful calcium collector. It will-
- Improve the lifespan of iron.
- Save items from getting yellow stain marks.
- Save you from the hassle of buying expensive ironing water. However, if the hardness level is greater than 12 gm per litter, prepare a solution of tap water and distilled water in equal proportions.
Apart from that, this iron has some additional features. These are-
- Vertical steaming.
- Safety lock.
- 11 ft. longer power cord.
- Restart button.
- Calc away indicator.
To read the full review of this fantastic iron, read Rowenta DG8624U1 Perfect Pro Reviews.
Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam Station
According to manufacturer, Steam Station is powered by 1800 watts and energy-saving technology. In addition, stainless steel soleplate makes this iron lightweight and easier to handle.
DG8520 produces intense steam compared to other irons. You may get almost three times more steam. As a result, removing wrinkles is super easy with this iron. Moreover, it puts 5 bars of steam pressure on items.
To let iron heats up quickly, it comes with built-in boiler system. Hence, you may reduce the regular ironing sessions by great margin. The soleplate has 400 steam holes to let steam move freely. It produces 120g of steam with a single press of steam button.
In addition, this steam generator iron has some additional features too. Take a look-
- The water tank is extra-large, with a capacity of 47 ounces. Hence, you can continuously polish items for around 1.5 hours with a single fill.
- Larger power cord with a length of 1.9 meters.
- Designed perfectly as its precision tip can easily access the sensitive and hard-to-reach spots of your dresses.
- You can apply it as a steamer on hanging items. Just point it towards garments and let steam penetrate.
- The newly designed lock system allows you to carry and store it easily.
- It consumes 20% less energy compared to other models.
- To make this iron user-friendly, it has some useful controls and buttons. You’ll find the Restart button, Water Tank Refill Indicator, and Calc Away Indicator on the body.
- Dimension of product: 17.71 × 13.58 × 11.02 inches
- Weight: 12.21 lbs.
- Water tank capacity: 47 oz.
- Ironing time: 90 minutes
- Power: 1800 watts
- Variable steam: 120 g/min
- Soleplate: stainless steel
- Stem holes: 400
- Steam pressure: 5 bars
- Power cord length: 1.9 meters
- Anti-drip system: Yes
- Anti-scale system: Yes
- Vertical steaming: Yes
|Features||Rowenta DG8624U1||Rowenta DG8520|
|Item dimension (inches)||29.85 × 35.65 × 45.72||17.71 × 13.58 × 11.02|
|Soleplate||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Ironing time (hours)||1.5||1.5|
|Water tank (ounces)||37||47|
|Steam pressure (bars)||7.4||5|
|Power cord (meters)||3.35||1.9|
|Tap water friendly||Yes||Yes|
|Safety lock system||Yes||Yes|
|Water tank refill indicator||Yes||Yes|
|Pros||1. This iron can maintain an even distribution of steam.
2. Water tank can be separated easily.
3. Comes with a comparatively larger water tank.
4. A comfortable iron to operate.
5. It can magically disappear wrinkles from items.
6. This iron can serve you better overages.
|1. An amazing iron to operate.
2. Refilling the water tank is convenient.
3. Polishing garments with this iron feels like a breeze.
4. It can polish garments fast.
5. One of the best irons in the market.
6. You can use this iron for quilting projects.
|Cons||1. It drips a little after turning it on.
2. A bulky iron.
3. Position of the temperature dial is awkward.
|1. A little bit expensive.
2. Its steam has a foul odour.
3. Power cord is not that long and kind of heavy.
Lastly, it may be clear to you that both of these two irons are great. They are backed by 1800W power, stainless steel soleplate, and 400 steam holes. Moreover, they both have powerful steam functions too. Therefore, you can apply them to any garment type without any doubt.
However, DG8624U1 is a little bit weighty compared to its peers-DG8520 iron. That’s why if you live in a small space, stick with 8520. In contrast, if you don’t have a storage problem and are a big fan of steam burst, buy 8624 without hesitation.