Rowenta is one of the most famous ironing brands in the market. It always tries to amaze its customers with awesome features. One of its popular irons is Rowenta DG8624U1 Perfect Pro Iron.
Are you curious about this iron? If yes, then read this article as I’ll cover features, specifications, pros, cons, and some common problems with solutions of this Perfect Pro.
I hope you may enjoy it. So, let’s go!
General overview: Rowenta DG8624U1
According to manufacturer, this DG8624U1 iron has stainless steel soleplate with 400 micro steam holes. This energy-saving iron uses 1800 watts of power reduces the regular ironing time by 35 percent. Not only that, it uses 25 percent less energy compared to other standard irons.
This DG8624U1 has powerful steam burst function. It throws 430g/min steam burst with 7.4 steam pressure bars. To lengthen ironing time, it has 37 oz. of removable water reservoir to let you continuously iron for 90 minutes. Most importantly, this tank is easy to use and refill.
Lastly, the manufacturer has installed calcium collector in this iron to save it from mineral deposits. Therefore, this Rowenta Perfect Pro can be the perfect steam iron for you.
1800 watts of power
This powerful Rowenta iron comes with 1800 watts of power. It heats up in only two minutes and saves almost 25 percent more energy compared to other irons.
DG8624U1 lets you iron faster as it saves 35 percent of your regular ironing time. As a result,
Stainless steel soleplate
Stainless steel is probably the best material for soleplate. This material can allow your iron to move freely while ensuring perfect steam distribution.
400 steam holes
The main function of steam holes is to throw steam towards garments. Therefore, the more the holes, the better the steaming. This Perfect Pro iron has 400 tiny steam holes on soleplate.
To grasp its difference with other irons, take a look-
Larger water tank
This DG8624U1 has fully removable water tank. This uncommon reservoir can contain an impressive amount of water, 37 ounces. Such a larger tank may allow you to iron for continuously 90 minutes.
If you compare this iron with other models, you may feel the difference. Take a look-
|Iron||Water tank (ounces)|
|Black+ Decker D3030||12.8|
Ironing hard-to-reach spots like seams, buttons, and collars can be tough. To solve this problem, this Rowenta comes with precision tip.
Hence, iron your shirt and pants with DG8624U1 instead of taking professional laundry services. By the way, do you know how to iron pants? If you’re interested, read how to iron pants.
Manufactured in France
Most of the standard irons in the market are manufactured in China. As a result, most of you may not feel good about buying such irons. To save you from tension, this iron is manufactured in France.
Powerful steam function
Steaming is the best way to remove stubborn and permanent wrinkles. That’s why this DG8624U1 can throw 430 gram of steam per minute with 7.4 steam pressure bars. Such robust steaming can easily sanitize items by killing viruses, bacteria, and other germs. Moreover, it can soften garments too.
Hard water can be a problem in the US. According to the US Geologic Survey states that 85% of US homes have hard water. To solve this problem, it has calcium collector. This collector can-
- Save iron from mineral deposits.
- Improve lifespan of iron over time.
- Protect iron from leaving brown stains on items.
For perfect vertical steaming, iron should be lightweight. As this iron is lightweight, you can use it to vertical steam your skirts, pants, jackets, blouses, pants, and suits.
Steam control function
To make steaming extraordinary, it has steam control panel with
- Calc away indicator
- Restart button
- Water reservoir refill indicator
In addition to the features mentioned above, this iron has-
- 11 ft. longer cord
- Safety lock feature
- Steam cord storage
- Dimension of product: 29.85 x 35.56 x 45.72 inches
- Weight: 14.02 lbs.
- Soleplate: stainless steel
- Steam holes: 400 (micro)
- Power: 1800 watts
- Water tank size: 37 oz.
- Ironing time: 90 minutes
- Steam burst: 430 gm./min
- Steam pressure: 7.4 bars
- Steam output: 80 gm./min
- Power cord: 11 ft.
- Vertical steaming: Yes
- Calc collector: Yes
- Safety lock: Yes
- Restart button: Yes
- Water tank refill indicator: Yes
Things I prefer
- This iron can maintain an even distribution of steam.
- It has separate water tank to reduce the weight of iron.
- You can easily use this iron with standard ironing boards.
- Its longer power cord can let you iron freely.
- It comes with a pretty larger water tank.
- A comfortable iron to work with. You won’t feel any pressure on your hands while using.
- It can magically disappear wrinkles from clothes.
- This iron works better overages.
- It can transform boring ironing into an enjoyable task.
- Water tank is transparent. That’s why one can easily measure the water level through the reservoir.
Things I dislike
- This iron may drip a little after turning it on.
- Position of the temperature control dial is awkward.
- It’s a bulky iron.
Where to buy Rowenta DG8624U1
You can buy this iron from various sources as it’s hugely popular in the US. However, I suggest you buy it from Amazon.
Amazon always offers free and fastest delivery for customers. To check its price at Amazon, click here.
|Iron||Rowenta DW9280||Rowenta DG8624U1|
|Dimension(inch)||11.4 x 4.9 x 6||29.85 x 35.56 x 45.72|
|Cord length (ft.)||7||11|
Instructions for using Rowenta DG8624U1
While using, you should follow some instructions. Otherwise, it may take a toll on your life. These instructions are-
- This iron is designed to work with 120V.
- Never dip this iron in water. If so, you may get electric shock.
- Always disconnect it from power connection before filling the water reservoir or after use.
- Always keep children away while using this iron. This iron can be extremely hot.
- This iron comes with 1800 watts. So, never operate it with other high-wattage devices on the same circuit.
- If you need to use an extension cable, choose one having 15A or greater.
- Never try to disassemble it on your own. If needed, contact Rowenta Customer Services.
- Never touch hot soleplate with bare hands. If so, your hands may burn. In emergency situations, use oven mitts.
- Don’t operate its steam towards your body parts, especially your eyes.
- This iron shouldn’t be used if it’s dropped. In such situations, seek service from expert service personnel.
- While this iron is in use, never try to unscrew scale collector.
For more safety instructions, read user manual of Rowenta DG8624U1.
Some common problems of Rowenta DG8624U1
Water comes through steam holes
You may face this problem if-
- You utilize steam function too often.
- You try to use steam when iron isn’t hot enough
- Wait a few minutes to let iron heat up properly.
- Check the temperature.
Brown water comes through steam holes
- Using chemical descaling agent.
- Not cleaning water tank for too long.
- Always use the right type of water. This iron is designed to work with tap water. So, use tap water instead of using distilled water or ironing water. If water is hard enough, mix tap water and distilled water in equal proportions.
There is little or no steam
- Water tank is empty.
- Soleplate temperature is at the highest level.
- Water tank isn’t positioned properly.
- Fill the reservoir with water.
- Push it gently until you hear click sound.
Buy Rowenta DG8624U1
After the whole discussion, it may be clear to you that Rowenta DG8624U1 is a great iron with wonderful steaming, high power, and larger water tank. Moreover, it heats up fast to save energy along with time.
Therefore, I think you should buy this Perfect Pro and reorganize your life.
To recheck its price, click here.