You may get oil stains on your denim jackets or pants. That’s why you must know how to deal with such tougher stains. Generally, oil marks are difficult to remove from items.
This article will describe five different ways that work great against oily marks.
Remove oil stain from jeans
1. Baking soda method
- Paper towel
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Rubbing alcohol
- A piece of cloth
- First of all, remove excess oil from jeans. Take paper towel and blot oily marks with it.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and sprinkle it over stain areas. Baking soda works excellent against tougher stains. That’s why never forget to use it against oily spots.
- Now, add a few drops of liquid dish soap to the spot.
- Finally, add a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol. Never add too much as it may stain jeans further.
- Take a toothbrush and start scrubbing. Now, leave it for an hour to let rubbing alcohol, baking soda, and dish soap work.
- Grab a clean piece of cloth to wipe clean the area.
- Lastly, wash jeans normally using washer and dry in open air. Now, look for the stain marks. If you still stain spots, repeat the process from the beginning.
2. Chalk method
This chalk method is the cheapest method to remove oil stains from jeans. Just buy white chalk and clean your pair of jeans within minutes.
- White chalk
- Laundry detergent
- First of all, remove excess oil as mentioned in the previous method.
- Take white chalk and apply it to the stain marks for a while. After a few minutes, get rid of the excess chalk. If you notice stain marks, use chalk again.
- Now, leave the pant for around 5 to 10 minutes to let the chalk penetrate jeans and lift the remaining oil.
- Lastly, throw jeans into washer and select a warm or hot water cycle. Add detergent to the dispenser. After washing, remove clothes and check for oily spots. Remember, you may have to repeat the wash cycle if stains are stubborn.
3. Vinegar method
- Distilled white vinegar
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Old toothbrush
- Firstly, soak stained spots with white vinegar. Use an old toothbrush to do this job. Most importantly, don’t pick coloured vinegar instead of white ones.
- Now, add a sufficient amount of baking soda if stains are stubborn. Baking soda is an excellent cleaning agent that works against almost all stains.
- Add four or five drops of dish soap. For better results, choose liquid dish soap instead of powder ones. Scrub the oily marks with toothbrush. If needed, add vinegar and baking soda again. After that, leave the jeans for almost 30-40 minutes to allow the components to work.
- Lastly, throw your jeans into washer. Add laundry detergent and vinegar to get perfectly cleaned items. Select a hot water cycle as it works against oil stains.
- After washing, remove garments from washer and dry in the open air using clotheslines.
4. First Orange Hand Cleaner method
First Orange Hand Cleaner can remove tough grease from hands. It’s greatly helpful when you work with your bikes and cars. Most importantly, it can remove pet odours and other stain marks from clothes.
Under this method-
- Apply a sufficient amount of First Orange Hand Cleaner on stains marks. You may use your hands to rub it properly.
- Now, wait a few moments to let hand cleaner work. First Orange is backed by citrus power to remove grease, oil, and tar from fabrics.
- Lastly, wash and dry jeans as usual.
5. WD-40 method
WD-40 is a petroleum-based component that is extensively used in workshops, factories, and homes. It can remove moisture from most surfaces. Interestingly, you can use it against oil stains on jeans. To do this job, you’ll need WD-40, cardboard, dish soap, baking soda, and laundry detergent.
To know about this method, click here.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best stain remover for oil?
The best stain removers for oil are baking soda, dish soap, and vinegar. If you observe oily spots on items, treat them with dish soap or laundry detergent.
In most cases, oil stains are difficult to remove. Therefore, take proper action the moment you observe the marks. Most importantly, liquid cleaning agent works better than powered ones.
How do you get dried oil out of jeans?
Removing oil stains from jeans is tough. That’s why you should adopt actions as fast as you can. Pre-treat areas with WD-40 or First Orange Hand Cleaner to remove dried stains. These two refreshes the dried oily spots. After that, apply liquid dish soap to it.
However, if stain marks are tough, apply a few drops of white vinegar or baking soda.
The methods mentioned above can get oil stains out of your jeans. Therefore, apply those hacks as mentioned and get fantastic results. However, always search for newer hacks online and surprise your friends.