Are you annoyed with fungus on clothes? You may be searching all over the internet to solve this disgusting problem.
Can ironing kill fungus? Ironing clothes is one of the most effective ways to destroy fungus. Just iron garments at high temperatures to solve the problem. However, you need to ensure that whether your garment can endure high heat or not.
Are you curious to know more?
Table of Contents
- Ironing To Kill Fungus
- Temperature To Kill Fungus
- How To destroy fungus (Ironing Method)
- Are There Other Ways To Kill Fungus?
- How Long Does Fungus Exist On Fabrics?
- Causes Of Fungus On Fabrics
- Is fungus on clothes harmful?
- Can fungus grow on all fabrics?
- What should you do?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Bottom line
Ironing To Kill Fungus
The most practical way to kill fungus is ironing clothes. Remember, fungus (this little bitch!) can’t withstand high heat. So, ironing at high heat may save your clothes from this disgusting creature.
However, you can’t iron all fabrics at high temperatures. Therefore, always check the garment care label before ironing it. If the tag says don’t iron at high temperature, resist yourself. Just iron the fabric at the highest possible temperature that it can tolerate.
Temperature To Kill Fungus
This little creature can cause so many problems for you. So, destroying them is urgent. Luckily, heat is the quickest solution to kill them.
The proper temperature to destroying is 140-160 F (60-70 C). Therefore, always set your iron at this temperature to enjoy the best result.
How To destroy fungus (Ironing Method)
- First, clean the fungus-affected area with a dry cloth. Clean as much as you can.
- Now, damp the clothes a bit.
- Prepare the iron. For better results, use a steam iron. If budget isn’t a problem for you, try to use a steam generator iron.
- Start ironing the spot at high temperatures. Stay gentle. Otherwise, you may observe scorch marks on your clothes.
That’s it! A simple way to solve so many problems. Cheers!
Are There Other Ways To Kill Fungus?
Ironing is one of the efficient ways to remove fungus from clothes. However, there are other ways to kill fungus too. Use the following techniques to remove fungus-
- Wash with hot water
- Steam clothes
- Wash with vinegar
- Use lemon and salt
- Utilize sun ray
- Silica gel
- Rinse with borax
- Use neem
- Use light bulb
Wash With Hot Water
Wash your dresses with hot water to get the optimal result. However, ensure that your garment can tolerate hot temperatures.
First of all, fill the washer with-
- laundry detergent
- hot water
- borax or bleach
Now, run the cycle to wash clothes perfectly.
Powerful steam can remove any wrinkles and stains from clothes effectively. Luckily, it works perfectly on fungus too.
What does the steam actually do? Steam assists the fabric in opening up a bit to let unwanted objects away. Its high temperature can kill fungus easily.
However, you shouldn’t steam clothes for a longer duration. Moreover, check the clothes tag to know the highest steam that the fabric can endure.
For steaming clothes, use any of the following instruments-
Washing clothes with vinegar is the easiest solution to remove fungus.
- Just take ¾ cup white vinegar.
- Make a mixture of vinegar and water.
- Use this solution to wash clothes.
Lemon and salt
Lemon juice is always good for clothes. It can easily remove fungus from clothes.
- First, mix salt with lemon juice.
- Use this mixture on infected areas of clothes.
- Rub the site properly.
- After that, wash the area with water if needed.
On a sunny day, go to the roof and let the clothes dry in the sun. It will eradicate fungus from your clothes.
If it isn’t possible, place your clothes beside a sunny window. The sunray that comes through the window can effectively kill fungus.
You may not know moisture creates the best environment for fungus. So, you need to destroy moisture first to control fungus.
Interestingly, silica gel works perfectly at removing moisture. So don’t be late; put silica gel in the cupboard right now. So, no more fungus!
Borax is an effective natural cleaner that can eliminate fungus from your home.
- First, mix one cup of borax with one gallon of water.
- Then, use this mixture to the affected area with a soft brush.
Now, your fabric is fungus-free. Cheers!
Neem is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly natural resource. It can fight against fungus. The process of using this is very easy.
- First, collect neem leaves.
- Keep those close to your clothes.
A bulb can eliminate humidity in cupboard by creating extra heat. Install a bulb inside your closet.
Pick a low-voltage bulb. Otherwise, clothes will burn.
How Long Does Fungus Exist On Fabrics?
Fungus can grow on clothes, provided that they find a friendly environment. If there is sufficient food supply and the atmosphere is warm and moist, they can survive as long as 12 to 20 months.
Causes Of Fungus On Fabrics
Fungus grows rapidly during monsoon. During this time, humidity remains high that helps the fungus to grow up quickly.
So, what are the causes of growing fungus on clothes? Let’s take a look-
- Lack of air circulation.
- Storing clothes in a tight place for a longer period.
Is fungus on clothes harmful?
- Clothes can smell bad.
- Cause skin irritation problem.
- Individuals may have asthma or other respiratory problems.
- Reduces lifespan of natural fabrics.
- Colors may fade after a certain period.
Can fungus grow on all fabrics?
Fungus can grow on all fabrics, provided that there is too much moisture in your surroundings.
Remember, clothes type can’t prevent growing fungus. Here, humidity is the main fact.
What should you do?
- Iron your clothes regularly.
- Give special attention to your undergarments.
- Dry garments quickly.
- Use dehumidifier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can fungus grow on nylon?
If they get a proper environment, especially in monsoon, they can grow up on all fabrics. Fungus will grow on nylon if you don’t adopt appropriate care. Therefore, you should ensure
- Proper ventilation in your home.
- Don’t pile clothes in wardrobe or closet for a long time.
- Wash clothes regularly.
If you still face this problem, adopt the following procedures to destroy this filthy creature.
- Iron clothes at high temperatures.
- Wash garments with hot water.
- Throw steam towards dress.
So, don’t worry.
Does fungus die in the dryer?
Drying clothes can kill most of the germs. But experts suggest washing properly before drying. This process kills fungus too.
Take proper care of clothes and washer. You can solve this problem when you’re aware.
You can try ironing to destroy fungus. Do you have anything in mind?
Leave a comment below if you want to know something. Lastly, free your clothes from fungus.