Ironing clothes may be an essential part of your daily life. Who doesn’t want to look smart? But, should you iron clothes regularly or not.
How often should you iron your clothes? Answer to this question depends on the fabric type. If you prefer to wear synthetic or denim, you need not ironing clothes ever. In contrast, when you wear delicate fabrics, you may need to iron them every week.
Are you interested in knowing more? Follow me!
How often should you iron harder fabrics?
You don’t need to worry about ironing harder fabrics. Actually, they don’t require ironing at all. That’s why fabrics like polyester, denim, spandex, acrylic, and acetate are becoming more popular day by day.
If you love to travel a lot like me, these clothes could be your best friend. Furthermore, the pros of using them are a lot. Just take a look.
- They don’t require frequent ironing.
- Easy to wear.
- Cheaper and more affordable.
- There will be fewer wrinkles.
- Washing is super easy.
- They won’t shrink.
- Fading will be less.
How often should you iron delicate fabrics?
Delicate fabrics require more ironing compared to harder ones. So, if you’re a big fan of wool, cotton, silk, and chiffon, you may need to manage some time for ironing. They might require ironing every week, which could be frustrating for you.
Moreover, you should be careful while ironing them. There is a higher possibility that soleplate can damage fabrics. Despite your best efforts, you might notice-
- More wrinkles in garments.
- Shiny marks.
- More lint on surface.
- More fade.
As a result, you must understand the perfect iron setting for them. For better results, you may require steam iron, pressing cloth, and ironing board. What the hell!
Who prefers so much hassle in life? So, try to wear polyester, leather or jeans. Believe me, you’ll look gorgeous!
I’m going to tell you more secrets. There are some other ways to save you from ironing garments. Take a look!
How to avoid ironing garments
Wash garments carefully
Extra precautions should be adopted during wash cycle. Washing them perfectly can save you from a lot of hassle. Therefore-
- During hand washing garments, never use boiling hot water. Instead, use warm or normal water.
- If you use washer, use permanent press cycle or a gentle cycle.
- Sort garments carefully.
- Never use harsh detergent.
- Wash clothes inside out.
- Use laundry mesh bags to protect clothes from rough movement inside washer.
- You don’t need to use fabric softener. If you want, use vinegar.
Use shower steam
You may love steaming your garments instead of ironing them. It’s a faster and effective process. Luckily, shower steam can treat your dresses carefully. To do it-
- Hang your garments using hangers.
- During shower, place them near the steam area. Don’t moist them thoroughly.
- Run the steam for 20 to 25 minutes.
Now, see the results. Wow, your clothes are nicely polished. No more ironing! I prefer this formula a lot for the following reasons.
- It never damages fabrics.
- Polish garments easily.
- Not time-consuming.
- Saves you from a lot of trouble.
- Don’t need ironing board to use.
Use dryer sensibly
Using dryer sensibly can save your garments from ironing. Sometimes, you may prefer to keep garments overnight in dryer. We, Americans are too lazy? Am I right? Never do it. Remove clothes immediately as the drying cycle finishes.
Most importantly, dry clothes using a gentle setting. For better results, toss some ice cubes with clothes. It’ll keep your clothes fresh and wrinkle-free.
I suggest you line dry them. Dryer can cause the most damage to your garments. So, dry them using hangers just after washing. Moreover, UV rays will keep your garments from dust mites.
Store clothes perfectly
Sometimes inappropriate storing can hurt clothes severely. So, take appropriate care during this phase. Store garments in closet that ensures air circulation.
Once in a while, please take a look at them. When you keep garments in a closed area for too long, new wrinkles may develop. Sometimes even ironing can’t fix those.
Are you curious to know more? Then, use some alternatives means instead of ironing garments.
Is ironing bad for clothes?
I’ve suggested some beautiful ways to avoid ironing. It may make your life easier and allow you to pass some beautiful moments with your loved ones.
However, is ironing totally harmful for clothes? The answer is no, provided that you iron correctly. It will-
- Keep your garments fresh.
- Keep wrinkles away.
- Remove bad smells.
- Protect clothes from dust mites.
- Remove fungus from dress.
Frequently asked questions
How to iron clothes fast
Ironing is a skill that you need to learn. You can’t become an expert in this arena overnight. However, I’m giving you some tips to iron clothes fast.
- Use a powerful steam iron. It works impressively on all fabrics.
- Keep your iron clean.
- Stick with a standard-sized ironing board.
- Instead of ironing dry clothes, iron slightly wet dresses.
- Iron garments inside out.
- Know the exact temperature for a particular fabric and set your iron at that setting after turning it on.
- Iron delicate items first.
- Steam clothes for better and effective results.
- Maintain a proper order while ironing.
Do you iron t-shirts?
It depends on the fabric type. At present, 100% cotton t-shirts are the most popular. So, it would help if you ironed them regularly.
Because of the massive popularity of polyester, manufacturers prefer to make cotton and polyester blend t-shirts. These fabrics are wrinkle-resistant, shrink-resistant, and comfortable. In addition, they don’t require frequent ironing.
Just wash and dry them properly. Keep temperature of both dryer and washer at medium. Remove them from dryer as soon as the cycle finishes. If you want my suggestion, air dry them instead of putting them in dryer.
Another popular t-shirt fabric is a mixture of cotton, polyester, and rayon. Rayon is another fantastic synthetic material. This blend can give you a premium feel. Most importantly, you don’t need to iron them regularly. Just maintain the following guidelines-
- Never wash them with boiling hot water.
- Iron them at lower to medium heat settings.
- For newer items, use pressing cloth.
- Line dry garments instead of using dryer.
Last few words
Always choose the suitable fabric for you and your family members. If you’re a busy person and have kids, try to wear polyester blend. These blends are trendy nowadays. Moreover, they are comfortable to wear and wrinkle-resistant.
So, wanna know more? Never forget to comment!
Have a wonderful day!