House decoration and painting are becoming more and more popular. When you paint, it may stain your items. Therefore, removing paint from clothes has become a burning issue nowadays.
However, you can get paint off clothes with vinegar. Are you interested? Then, read this post to know more.
Table of Contents
Use vinegar to remove paint from clothes
- Distilled white vinegar
- Laundry detergent
- Rubbing alcohol
- Nail polish remover
Get rid of excess paint
Firstly, use a spoon to remove the excess paint from clothes. You have to go slow while applying spoon against your items. Unless sharp edges of spoons can develop burrows on fabrics.
Now, blot the stained spots with white vinegar. Use small vinegar of vinegar as the excess amount can fade clothes. After a few minutes, wash off the area with normal tap water.
Wash as usual
Lastly, wash fabrics normally according to the garment care label. Use a washer as it saves time. Moreover, it has built-in cycles for all garments type including delicates.
Choose a mild liquid detergent instead of cheap ones. Cheap detergents may leave residue on surface. Moreover, it may contain harmful chemicals that can stain garments.
After washing, recheck fabric. If stain rains, blot those spots with nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol. Then, wash garments again.
Why use vinegar to remove paint from clothes?
Vinegar is a wonderful cleaning agent. That’s why you may use vinegar at your home for various purposes. It has numerous perks. Take a look-
- Vinegar is easy to use.
- It’s cheap and affordable.
- It’s devoid of toxic and dangerous chemicals.
- Normally, vinegar is mild in nature.
- Its weird smell will go off when wash properly.
- An environment-friendly product.
Different types of vinegar are available in the market like-
- Apple cider vinegar
- Red wine vinegar
- White wine vinegar
- Rice vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
These kinds of vinegar aren’t suitable for garments. For laundry, you should use distilled white vinegar as it doesn’t contain a coloring agent. Other vinegar mentioned above can stain clothes. Moreover, distilled white vinegar is mildly acidic with just 5 percent acidity.
Does vinegar remove acrylic paint from clothes?
Vinegar alone can’t fight against acrylic paint. That’s why you need to mix vinegar with ammonia. To remove acrylic paint,
- Fill a sink with cold water and soak your stained cloth in it. Leave it there for several minutes.
- Take a cup. Now, mix 1 cup of distilled white vinegar with 1 cup of ammonia and some salt.
- Now, remove cloth from sink and wring it out with your hands. Try to get rid of excess water as much as possible.
- Dip a sponge in vinegar solution. Use it to scrub the stains. If you’re dealing with heavy stains, scrub roughly. Continue scrubbing until stains are lifted totally.
- Now, rinse your item with tap water. After rinsing, check for stains. Rub spots again vinegar-soaked sponge if stain remains.
- Lastly, throw clothes in washer and set a cycle appropriate for items. Check for stains again. If stains aren’t gone properly, start again from the beginning.
Vinegar is a safe cleaning agent. Therefore, use it to remove paint stains from garments. As you have easy solutions at your hands, paint more and more. Transform your world into a colorful one.