Grease stains on your work outfits can scare anyone. But, there’s many easy fixes to this tough stain. You may need to use shampoo, baking soda, vinegar, and dish soap to remove it from clothes. But, does baking soda alone can fight it?
Does baking soda remove grease stain from clothes? Baking soda can’t alone fight against grease stains. To clear this rough stain, you’ve to use powerful cleaners besides baking soda. You can get success using dishwashing liquid or ammonia in this case.
Does baking soda remove grease stain from clothes?
Removing stains from clothes can be challenging. As you meet with people and attend meetings, you might sometimes encounter tougher stains.
Grease stain is probably the toughest of all stains. According to Procter & Gamble, this stain is solid or semi-solid in nature. That’s why you need to pour hot or warm water on the spots.
Most importantly, grease stain is always attracted to synthetic fabrics, like polyester, rayon, spandex, and linen. As people prefer to wear synthetics, treating grease stain from synthetics is common now.
That’s why baking soda can’t alone remove grease stains from clothes. Instead, use dish soap, ammonia with baking soda to do this trick.
How to remove grease stain from clothes
Use dish soap
- First of all, place the clothes on a stable surface or kitchen counter.
- If the stain mark isn’t dried, sprinkle baking soda on the spot. Use your hands to cover the stained area fully with baking soda, which will remove grease and its smell as much as possible.
In contrast, if stain is already dried, pour dish soap. You can use Dawn dish soap as it’s powerful enough for this job.
- Leave this cloth with baking soda or liquid soap for around 10 minutes. Such waiting time will allow these two agents to work.
- Now, throw baking soda into the nearby sink.
- Lastly, wash cloth in the washer. Then, air dry it instead of using clothes dryer.
Ammonia can fight grease stain. With maintaining some safety measures, you may use it for grease stain. So,
- First, pour a little ammonia and dishwashing liquid to stain.
- Prepare your washer by adding laundry detergent to dispenser.
- Toss items into washer and add one cup of ammonia.
- Lastly, wash and air dry clothes.
Use Aloe vera gel
- Lay your clothes flat on a stable surface.
- Use cold water to dampen the stained area.
- Now, take aloe vera gel and apply it to the selected site.
- Lastly, wash clothes with cold water.
- Flow a little shampoo on the stain marks.
- Now, leave the shampoo for 5-10 minutes.
- Lastly, wash and air dry clothes using a regular cycle. You can hand wash your fabric too.
Use white vinegar
- First, dab the stain marks with dish soap.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda and laundry detergent to the area.
- Take a brush to mix these ingredients properly.
- Grab a bowl and add a few drops of white vinegar to it.
- Soak your stained item in a bowl and leave it there for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, wash clothes normally.
Bleach and lemon juice method
- First, sprinkle a tiny amount of baking soda onto the stain areas. Use a spoon to cover the area with baking soda.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and one teaspoon of laundry detergent.
- Now, add liquid bleach.
- Use a brush to mix these three ingredients properly.
- Lastly, wash and dry clothes normally.
Use Shout stain remover
- Apply Shout stain remover to stains.
- Take a brush to add gel into fabric.
- Wait for 1-5 minutes.
- Lastly, wash fabric with laundry detergent. Use the warmest possible water that your dress can endure for better results.
Instructions to follow
- Never allow your children to swallow this stain remover gel.
- Don’t apply this gel on garments while you’re wearing.
- This stain remover can’t remove dried ink, paint, rust, dye, and bleach damage.