Many objects like toothpaste, baking soda, vinegar, and salt can clean your iron. Most of you may not know that magic eraser can remove dirt off your soleplate too.
That’s why you must learn how this trick works. So, let’s go!
Clean iron with magic eraser
- Ironing board
- Distilled white vinegar
- White towel
- Magic eraser
- First of all, grab your iron and place it on ironing board.
- Prepare a mixture with equal parts of distilled white vinegar and water.
- Now, fill the water tank with this solution to the max fill line.
- Take a white towel and keep it on board.
- Turn on the iron and allow it to heat up properly. Now, press the steam button several times. You may notice dirt coming out from steam vents.
- After that, rub iron gently on this white towel. Continue this process until you remove all the sticky residues off soleplate.
- Now, take magic eraser to the sink and wet it with tap water. Don’t forget to wring it to get rid of excess water and place it on board.
- Turn off your iron and let it cool down first.
- After cooling down completely, rub it across the surface of the magic eraser multiple times to get perfectly clean iron. Never forget to cover the border areas.
Where to buy magic eraser
There are many magic erasers in the market. Most of them can’t work great against dirty soleplate.
That’s why I suggest you use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. You can enjoy numerous benefits from this item. Take a look-
- It’s a long-lasting scrubber with superb cleaning performance.
- It works great against dirt.
- Doesn’t contain any harsh or harmful chemicals.
- It can clean iron with water only. You don’t need to add detergent.
- An easy-to-use product.
You can buy Mr. Clean from various online and offline stores. However, for better after-sales service and quick delivery, buy it from Amazon.
To check its price at Amazon, click here.
Frequently asked questions
What is the black stuff on my iron?
You may notice black stuff on soleplate of your iron. This black staff may be-
- Spray starch
- Melted fabrics
- Burn marks
- Rusty spots
Removing black staff off iron can be challenging. Therefore, you need to use iron properly. In some areas, water may be too hard to develop mineral deposits inside your iron.
When you face hard water issue, use mixtures of distilled water and normal tap water. For example, Rowenta suggests its users use tap water when hardness is less than 12 gm. /lt. However, never choose 100% distilled water for iron as it may develop rust inside iron.
Ensure properly cleaned iron
A powerful and standard iron can serve you better overages. As a result, most users prefer a handsome amount of money in buying an iron. However, if you don’t take proper care of iron, it may not last long.
That’s why never forget to clean iron regularly. Many cleaning agents can remove dirt from soleplate perfectly. Just use any of those. Remember, dirty soleplate can ruin your gorgeous silk blouse in no time.