Hamilton Beach is a popular name to every user, especially quilters or sewist. People prefer to use it for improved design and stunning polishing performance. You can use it for both horizontal and vertical steaming garments.
If you want better service from this iron, you’ve to clean it regularly. A clogged iron can’t fulfil your requirements. However, cleaning it can hamper it negatively, if you don’t proper guideline.
To understand the cleaning procedures, read this article.
Use clean cloth
Hamilton Beach iron comes with a soleplate that has non-stick coating. Frequently using hard water, using starch, and melted fabrics can ruin the smoothness of soleplate. That’s why you must clean soleplate regularly. A dirty base can’t de-wrinkle seams, cuffs, and collars.
If the condition of soleplate isn’t that bad, just wipe clean it with a soft and damp piece of cloth. To do this,
- First, turn off the iron.
- Now, unplug it from power source.
- Place the iron in upright position and clean soleplate away with a cloth.
Use baking soda
However, you’ve to use stronger agents to clean a burnt and severely dirty soleplate. You can use baking soda for this purpose. To do this, you’ll need the following-
- Baking soda
- Clean towel
- First turn off iron like before.
- Take a little amount of baking soda in a bowl. Add water to make a baking soda-water paste. Don’t pour too much water.
- Now, apply this mixture to dirty soleplate and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, grab a towel from kitchen or closet. Use it to clean soleplate properly. Take special care in cleaning steam vents. Clogged vents will surely hamper the steaming. So, clean those holes properly.
- Wait for a few minutes to let soleplate dry properly.
Instructions to follow
- Never run Hamilton Beach over zippers, buttons, or buttons.
- Don’t use strong agents like vinegar or ammonia to clean soleplate.
- Don’t use cheap soleplate cleaning kit to clean.
- Keep water tank empty after every use.
- Never store iron on its soleplate. Instead, keep it on its heel.
Clean steam vents and water tank
Wrong water type may develop mineral inside the reservoir. That’s why using the correct water type is recommended, provided that you live in hard water area. For regular water area, use tap water. For hard water, use a mixture of tap and bottle water.
However, sometimes you may observe intermittent steaming or scale build up inside iron. To keep tank and steam vents clean, use the self clean feature of your Hamilton Beach. To better understand this feature, read the instruction manual.
If you face other problems, you may have to troubleshoot iron. I’ve written a blog post regarding troubleshooting of Hamilton Beach. To read this detailed guide, click here.
Hamilton Beach has awesome irons in the market. Their irons have always great value for money. One of the most popular models of Hamilton Beach is Hamilton Beach 19803. I’ve written an review article on this model. If you’re interested, read Hamilton Beach 19803 iron review.