Purchasing a cheap iron is difficult. Many cheap irons can’t satisfy you with their so-called features. At the same time, some steam irons in the lower price range perform just awesome. Even they might surpass many expensive irons in the market.
That’s why you must know which cheap irons are the best. Such knowing may assist you in making a perfect buying decision and saving a lot of money.
This article will present the 13 best cheap irons in the market. You may trust this review as we’ve tested those irons. Believe me!
So, let’s start!
Table of Contents
- 1.Hamilton Beach iron & vertical steamer
- 2. Pursteam Professional Grade 1700W Steam Iron (Our Choice)
- 3. Oliso M2 Pro Mini Project Iron (Best Portable Iron)
- 4. Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron
- 5. Rowenta DW5260 Focus Xcel
- 6. Black+Decker ICR2020, Green
- 7. Black+Decker Classic Steam Iron F67E (Best Classic Iron)
- 8. Black+Decker D3030 Allure
- 9. Mueller Professional Grade Steam Iron
- 10. Sunbeam Classic 1200W Iron (Cheapest Sunbeam Iron)
- 11. Maytag M400 Steam Iron
- 12. BEAUTURAL 1800-Watt Steam Iron
- 13. Rowenta Professional DW2459 (Cheapest Rowenta)
- Guide to buy a cheap steam iron
- Buying Decision
1.Hamilton Beach iron & vertical steamer
According to manufacturer, Hamilton Beach 19803 can easily outrank most standard irons in the market. This powerful iron is backed by 1500W power and a scratch-resistant Durathon soleplate. Therefore, you can easily use it as both iron and steamer. To impress you more, it has a powerful steam feature too.
Sometimes you might complain that your newly bought iron doesn’t perform better. However, you won’t face such problem with this 19803. Hamilton Beach always pre-tests its irons to assure you the best-quality. So, don’t worry even a bit.
Moreover, other specifications of this iron are-
- Built-in anti-drip and self-clean feature.
- 8 ft. longer retractable power cord.
- This iron is designed with 1500 watts of power.
- Three-way auto shut off options.
- Durathon soleplate has non-stick coating.
- Produces 60% more steam compared to other models.
- Warranty period is one year.
- Soleplate becomes hot in no time.
- Its water tank is visible.
- The temperature dial is large and more detailed.
- Some of you may feel that it is slightly heavier.
To read full review of this iron, read Hamilton Beach 19803 Iron Review.
2. Pursteam Professional Grade 1700W Steam Iron (Our Choice)
During testing, Pursteam Professional Grade impressed us the most. It comes with a long-lasting stainless steel soleplate. This soleplate has evenly distributed steam holes to elevate your ironing experience. With this iron, you won’t experience any nightmare in polishing your favorite blouses or pants.
It has multiple temperatures and steam settings to retain smoothness of your dresses. So, you don’t have to worry about putting scorch marks on your clothes. Just choose the correct fabric and heat settings and start polishing.
Apart from that, it has some additional features like-
- Powerful anti-drip, auto shutoff, anti-calc, vertical steaming features.
- Three different steam settings.
- This iron weighs only 2.2 lbs.
- Has built-in spray steam button.
- It comes with Rapid Heat Technology.
- Ergonomic handle to ensure comfort.
- Power cord length is 8 ft. and water tank has capacity of 14 oz.
- Manufactured in China.
- Vertical steaming is robust and can remove wrinkles fast.
- It is lightweight and lasts longer.
- Safety features work accurately.
- Precision tip isn’t completely pointy.
For full review, read Pursteam 1700W Professional Grade Steam Iron Reviews.
3. Oliso M2 Pro Mini Project Iron (Best Portable Iron)
Oliso M2 pro mini steam iron is designed for almost all projects like decorative, quilting, sewing. Its small size makes it the best fit for students or people living in small apartments.
This mini iron has Ceramic Soleplate that performs better overages. Most importantly, it can glide faultlessly over clothes. The precision tip can comfortably access tough-to-reach spots of fabrics. Its unique Solemate allows you to leave iron on garments without burning them.
To let your iron during traveling, it has universal voltage with 1000 watts of power. Moreover, with its fabric selector feature, you can easily iron almost any fabric. To ensure safety, Oliso has a Solemate to rest iron safely to prevent scorch and burn marks.
Moreover, it has the following features. Take a look-
- It has Ceramic soleplate with diamond coating.
- Has dual voltage option.
- Swivel cord has a length of 8 ft.
- Comes with three years warranty period.
- It weighs 2.2 lbs.
- Manual Fabric Selector lets you set temperature settings and switch between settings easily.
- This iron is perfect for all users, especially travelers.
- Lightweight and easy-to-operate.
- You can use it in any country because of its dual voltage option.
- It has no auto shutoff feature.
For full review, read Oliso M2 Pro Mini Project Iron Reviews.
4. Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron
This iron has a stunning outlook. When I use this iron, I feel that it is very lightweight, only 2.95 lbs. In addition, all of the dials or knobs are easy to understand. That’s why it is the perfect iron for people of all ages.
Its handle is pretty comfortable to grip. The soleplate is fairly designed and standard. The position of the temperature or steam button allowed me to iron easily.
The large stainless steel soleplate can effectively remove wrinkles from fabrics. Thanks to its macro-sized steam holes. Moreover, its pointed tip allows you to iron around buttons or pleats. So, you can easily iron your dresses professionally at your home.
One of its major drawbacks is medium range of power. It comes with 1400W of power, which is comparatively lower than most of its competitors. After turning it on, I had to wait almost two minutes for ironing my cotton shirt. However, standard irons do this job in less than two minutes.
Other features are-
- Retractable cord with 8 ft. length.
- It weighs 2.95 lbs.
- 15 macro steam holes on soleplate.
- Has built-in anti-drip, anti-calc, auto shutoff, self-clean features.
- Stainless steel soleplate with non-stick coating.
- Has powerful steam shot and vertical steaming.
- This iron is backed by three years limited warranty.
- It gives good bursts of steam which eliminates stubborn wrinkles.
- Temperature controls are easy to work with.
- The long narrow nose helps with ironing tight spaces.
- It’s comparatively larger than other irons.
For full review, follow Sunbeam Steammaster Iron Reviews.
5. Rowenta DW5260 Focus Xcel
This German-made iron can polish garments pretty fast. You’ll be impressed by its HD soleplate, which never harms your items. Moreover, this iron has 1715W of power. As a result, it heats up quickly. So, you don’t have to wait at all.
Removing wrinkles from garments can be challenging sometimes. However, if you own Rowenta DW5260, don’t worry a little. It comes with 40 g/min of steam output and 100g/min of steam burst.
After ironing, the look of your dresses will be stunning, thanks to its precision tip. This tip can access seams, edges, and collars of your dresses. Lastly, 5260 has three-way auto shutoff feature.
- Its water tank has capacity of 11 oz.
- Anti-calcium valve collects mineral deposits.
- It contains a power cord having length of 6 ft.
- It weighs 3.69 lbs.
- 400 steam holes throw steam towards garments.
- This iron is tap water friendly.
- Auto shutoff feature works perfectly all the time.
- One of the best irons for quilting because of its high power.
- It’s lightweight.
- Its ergonomic design isn’t perfect for people with arthritis or shorthand.
For full review, check Rowenta DW5260 Iron Reviews.
6. Black+Decker ICR2020, Green
With a price tag of a little lower than $40, this Black+ Decker iron can fulfill your ironing demands. It comes with advanced soleplate that can ensure even distribution of steam. While ironing my denim shirt, I was amazed at its steam feature. I didn’t have to struggle with wrinkles. Instead, I corrected them and got nicely polished items within minutes.
Are you tired of selecting the correct steam settings? Then, this ICR2020 is for you. It can automatically adjust steam amount based on your chosen temperature settings. Interestingly, you can double this iron as a steamer too.
In addition, it has some amazing features. Take a look-
- Its steam feature is supported by SmartSteam Technology.
- Soleplate has a premium non-stick coating.
- Two years limited warranty.
- Three-way auto shutoff ensures safety.
- It weighs 2 lbs.
- It has 1200 watts of power.
- It can generate enough steam to process your items.
- Has perfect weight to satisfy your ironing and quilting projects.
- Water tank is large enough.
- Retractable cord doesn’t retract all the time perfectly.
7. Black+Decker Classic Steam Iron F67E (Best Classic Iron)
If you’re nostalgic, purchase it as it’s a classic iron. It’s an old-fashioned iron with all modern facilities.
After turning this iron, you don’t have to wait at all. This powerful appliance can heat up fast. Interestingly, the wrinkle-removing power of this classic and cheap iron is better than some expensive models.
However, its steam features aren’t that robust. Moreover, it doesn’t come up with a steam boost feature. Therefore, you may face difficulty in removing stubborn and permanent wrinkles.
- It has an aluminum soleplate.
- 3-way auto shut-off options.
- 7 different temperature settings.
- It has anti-drip feature.
- It weighs 3.2 lbs.
- This iron has easily understandable settings.
- It heats up quickly.
- This iron has good weight. Therefore, pressing and polishing items is easy.
- It doesn’t have a steam burst function.
8. Black+Decker D3030 Allure
This Allure is probably the best Black+Decker in the lowest price range. You can use it to remove any wrinkles. If you can’t see success on the first attempt, repeat it. I hope you may complete the job on the second or third try.
While ironing my clothes, its performance surpassed Rowenta DW5080 and DW7180. Moreover, its soleplate becomes evenly hot. Some expensive irons can’t present such impressive results.
However, its steaming performance isn’t that great. It produces only 22 g/min, which is insufficient for tough wrinkles. So, you can’t use it for vertical steaming items.
It has stainless steel soleplate that glides over any fabric type. However, it contains only 23 steam holes.
- Its auto clean system removes calcium deposits.
- It weighs 1.89 lbs.
- Variable steam and temperature controls let you choose settings precisely for your fabric.
- Auto shutoff feature saves your iron from accidents.
- Its tank contains 380 ml of water.
- Ergonomic handle can let you iron without feeling any discomfort.
- A cheap iron with awesome value for money.
- Its stainless steel soleplate works great.
- It has a sturdy frame.
- Its steaming isn’t that powerful.
9. Mueller Professional Grade Steam Iron
Mueller Professional Iron is powered with 1500 watts of power. It can reach the maximum temperature within a minute. Therefore, ironing will be quick and fun.
Its steaming is wonderful too. While enjoying successive steam, take a break of three seconds between steams.
Interestingly, it’s a burn-proof iron like Eurosteam iron steamer. Resultantly, never worry if you leave it facedown over your dress. Moreover, it has an 8 ft., longer retractable power cord.
- It comes with stainless steel soleplate.
- Has a larger water reservoir, steam burst, auto shutoff, and self-cleaning feature.
- Its anti-drip feature works fine.
- It works great with tap water.
- It weighs 3.47 lbs.
- A great iron with a larger water tank and robust steaming.
- All buttons and controls work faultlessly.
- Instructions are easily understandable.
- It’s a little heavy.
10. Sunbeam Classic 1200W Iron (Cheapest Sunbeam Iron)
This lightweight Sunbeam iron comes with 1200 watts of power. It produces heat and steam in the right amount to fight tough wrinkles. However, it requires time to heat up.
Its auto shutoff feature shuts this iron off after thirty minutes, which I don’t like at all. But, most importantly, it’ll turn off after 30 minutes even if you use it at that time.
Lastly, its on-off button is positioned awkwardly. It looks cheap and is located under the handle. Therefore, you may face problem in operating it.
Other features of this Classic iron are-
- Built-in steam shot and anti-drip feature.
- 3 years limited warranty.
- Self-clean system keeps iron clean from mineral deposits.
- 8 ft. longer swivel power cord.
- 2.7 lbs. weight
- It can perfectly fight wrinkles.
- This iron has a robust structure.
- It doesn’t leak water.
- You may face problems in operating the on-off button.
11. Maytag M400 Steam Iron
According to the manufacturer, this iron uses speed heat technology to reach the desired temperature within 40 seconds after turning it on. Its powerful steam can process any wrinkles without any difficulty. To make your life easier, it has a self-clean system. As a result, cleaning iron is no longer difficult.
Moreover, its stainless steel soleplate ensures the best steam distribution and gentle gliding. The ergonomic soft-touch handle will ensure comfortable ironing for everyone. Lastly, its precision thermostat allows you to set the optimal temperature for different garments easily.
- It doesn’t spit water and never leaves marks on clothes.
- Lasts longer and performs better on all fabrics.
- Makes ironing easier and fun. So, everyone can use it.
- Water level is difficult to observe.
For full review, read Maytag M400 Iron Reviews.
12. BEAUTURAL 1800-Watt Steam Iron
The closest opponent to Pursteam 1700W is BEAUTURAL 1800W iron. This steam iron is powerful enough to impress any user. It has 9 different temperature settings with a clear LCD. So, selecting temperature settings for your fabric is easier than ever.
Its ceramic soleplate lasts longer than stainless steel. In addition, it can fight scratch to serve you better over time. So, you don’t have to buy iron every year. Instead, purchase it and never worry because of its 2 years warranty period.
The shutoff function is supported by Motion sensors. Hence, iron will shut off after 30 seconds in horizontal position and 8 minutes in vertical mode.
However, this iron is bulky and heavy in size. As a result, you may face problem in storing it.
Moreover, it has-
- 1800 watts of power.
- Water spray and steam burst buttons.
- Powerful anti-calcium and self-cleaning system.
- Anti-drip prevents leakage of water.
- 18 lbs. of weight.
- It heats up fast and stays hot for longer durations.
- Steam is powerful enough to rectify tough wrinkles.
- Ironing time is 30% less than most irons.
- This iron is heavy and bulky compared to other irons.
13. Rowenta Professional DW2459 (Cheapest Rowenta)
According to the manufacturer, DW2459 is the perfect choice for all fabrics. Its robust 180 g/min steam and convenient design make ironing easier.
It has a stainless steel soleplate with 350 steam holes. Therefore, you may remove wrinkles faster than ever with it. During use, the smooth finishing of soleplate really amazes me.
The retractable cord is convenient, time-saving, and safer to use. So, no more worry about managing power cord at all.
Therefore, if you are looking for a model with awesome features, it may be the best buy for you.
- Its heavy stainless steel soleplate runs smoothly over fabrics.
- Powerful steam output works great on any wrinkle.
- It’s lightweight and heats up quickly.
- Tank size is comparatively small.
To read the full review, check Rowenta DW2459 Iron Reviews.
Guide to buy a cheap steam iron
While buying a cheap iron, you must consider some factors. If you don’t consider those, you may have an inefficient purchase. So, take a look at the following factors and make the best purchase decision.
Every friend of yours might steam their items. So, why don’t you? Steaming is the most affordable and easiest way to de-wrinkle your items.
Generally, steaming performance is measured in g/min. This rate can be as low as 20 g/min for cheaper iron. The higher the rate, the better the ultimate performance.
So, pick an iron with awesome steaming and steam burst features. Luckily, Pursteam 1700W iron has mastery in these two areas.
Heating time indicates the required time for iron to become fully hot. Higher heating time means ironing will be slow and boring. In contrast, lower heating time may reduce the regular ironing time. That’s why I suggest you pick an iron with a lower heating time.
By the way, high wattage iron has the lowest heating time. Hence, pick an iron with higher wattage.
Nobody doesn’t prefer a complex appliance. This fact is true for clothes iron too. So, always check how to operate an iron before purchasing it. For this purpose, browse the internet, especially YouTube and my blog!
For example, Pursteam Professional Grade is an easy-to-use iron. People of any age can comfortably use it. It’s simple.
Most cheap irons in the market come with one year warranty period. However, some irons have a two or three years warranty period. For example, BEAUTURAL 1800W comes with 2 years warranty period.
The perfect precision tip of soleplate can make ironing easier. Some iron, Black+ Decker Classic F67E, doesn’t have the perfect precision tip. Moreover, non-stick can improve the longevity of irons overages.
So, pick an iron, having a soleplate made from stainless steel or ceramic with a non-stick coating. Hence, these soleplates won’t have scratches from regular tasks.
Pick an iron with a longer power cord. Longer cords may let you use iron without facing any trouble. For example, Pursteam 1700W comes with an 8 ft. longer cord.
Pursteam Professional Grade iron is a wonderful iron with so many advanced features. It can fight with any wrinkles with its stainless steel soleplate and powerful steaming.
This iron is lightweight and comes with a complete temperature dial. Lastly, it has ergonomic handle and almost 100% correct safety features.
That’s why this iron is the best cheap iron from my point. So, you may keep your trust on this iron.